Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adios Branders.com



Yesterday was a big moment in my life, a made a big decision, in fact one of the hardest...I quit my job...

I have been with this company for 4 wonderful years and it really changed my life including my family. The job had the most attractive salary with great benefits, that is why I am sad that I had to leave. I have several reasons and money is included of course. First all of my friends got fired and only myself was asked to stay and I thought, will it be worth it?

The company offered some perks for people who would decide to accept the offer and stay and a severance package for those who will be asked to leave. After a quick thought I decided to voluntarily quit...

I feel in my heart that I made the right decision, it's what my heart says...not that my friends are gone and I will be alone eating in the pantry or during yosi break, I'm just tired and want to do something else, somewhere else...the severance package is not bad at all, it's more than enough to start a little business or maybe take a break for a while before looking for another job.
For now, I'm just sad...because I will truly miss the company, the office, my desk, my routine....but that's life, I have to move on...

1 comment:

pogingpayatot said...

wow. that was a very brave decision esp during these times when everyone would do anything just to get a job. i dont know what the circumstances are for you to quit your job but i hope that you made the right choice.

i am in the same situation, too. and i wish i could be brave as you are.

good luck!

Eminimall